An Easy Guide To Increasing Your Search Visibility

An Easy Guide To Increasing Your Search Visibility

This is an easy guide to increasing your search visibility on your website. Now, search visibility comprises one of several key elements of your search engine optimisation (SEO). Therefore, it’s important for your search visibility to be as good as it can possibly be. But what steps can you take to make sure that your search visibility is of the highest level? This guide will advise you on that, so let’s begin by explaining what search visibility is.

The Definition Of Search Visibility

The Definition Of Search Visibility

So, search visibility, also known as search engine visibility, represents your website’s share of traffic stemming from search results. This applies to your target region, as well as for the keywords with the strongest association for your business. So, for a furniture store, the search terms may be “three-piece suite”, “leather couch” or “wooden coffee table”. Note that the share is representative of your search rankings, meaning the higher you rank, the greater your visibility share is. And why wouldn’t it be? A Forbes article notes how, according to Moz, 71% of Google traffic comes from page one entries. So, if you’re not on page one, you must share the remaining 29% with everyone else. So, to boost your search visibility and receive higher web traffic numbers, what can you do?

Build An SEO Audit

Build An SEO Audit

First, look at your website using statistical data. Ignore the content for a moment, because the content can only go so far in elevating your website’s standing. If the site is performing poorly from a technical standpoint, then it won’t rank and, therefore, won’t be very visible. It’s as simple as that. Now, there are many tools out there (some free, some for a charge) that create an SEO audit for your website. And an SEO audit identifies the areas that your site is succeeding, but also – and crucially – the areas where it isn’t. And this is beneficial because, once you spot any critical errors, you can go about fixing them. You may not even be aware that they exist until an SEO audit advises you accordingly. And in theory, by fixing these errors, your website can perform better, rank higher, and increase your search visibility. So, this is one step that you can take, but it’s far from the only one.

Ensure That Your Website Is Mobile-Friendly

Ensure That Your Website Is Mobile-Friendly

A surprising number of websites overlook the necessity to have their website provide complete mobile optimisation. But it’s also easy to assume that this just happens automatically whenever a new website comes to life. However, that is not the case. Yes, you can ask your website designer to optimise the site to be mobile-friendly prior to its official launch. But if you don’t ask for this, it shouldn’t be a shock if you don’t get it. Fortunately, it doesn’t take too long to fix your website so that it becomes mobile-friendly, though it may cause initial presentation issues. So, this is one of the easiest, and yet one of the most important, steps for you to take. And by doing so, you should see an increase in search visibility now that your site is compatible with smartphones.

Effectively Utilise Social Media

Now, the idea of “search visibility” suggests that people are looking to find you. But this doesn’t just happen via the likes of Google and Yahoo. No, this also happens via social media, with Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube amongst the key players. It takes no more than a few minutes to create profiles on each of these sites. But what does take time is to build a following by regularly offering relevant, engaging, and informative updates. If you can do this, then your social media followers will begin to check out your website. And because most social media sites provide free post analytics, you can see exactly what percentage of your followers are heading to your home page. Generally, conversion rates of between 1%-3% are considered to be strong. So, use these as targets, and begin to increase your website’s search visibility by making the most of social media.

Summary

These are just a small sample of the many ways that you could increase search visibility for your website. But here at Breeze Development, we have many more ideas to share. And we can even begin to fix some of the issues with your website that we have highlighted in this very article. So, head over to our website at www.breezedevlopment.co.uk for further details.

Why Choose Breeze Development?

Breeze Development is a digital marketing company based in the northwest. If you would like a no-obligation chat about an existing or new website, please arrange a free digital marketing consultation.



Get A FREE Quote