26 Jul No More Garbage Content
Posted at 13:40h in Tips
You have to stop serving garbage to your visitors, and to search engines. Here’s a couple ideas to get you started:
- Write stuff that hasn’t been written before. Try something else, or a new spin on your topic.
- Be interesting. Put some thought into how the article is put together. Use visuals where it helps.
- Hire quality writers to write quality stuff.
- Ask your visitors and customers what they’d like to read. Then write it.
- Use good line spacing and typography. Place subheads to organize your story and make it easier to scan. A 500-word article vomited onto the page with zero formatting makes it look like you don’t care.
- Brainstorm and maintain a list of headlines you can assign to writers.
- Assign target topics and phrases to specific pages on your site. Think through how you’ll interlink new content with those pages to build authority.
- Integrate content into your site. You probably won’t make much progress if you hang a bunch of lousy articles off your site like some kind of growth. Content has to be in the flow of a normal visitor’s movement through the site.