When you have an eCommerce website, selling products or maybe taking deposits for bookings you will need a payment method on your website. There are a few options available such as Stripe, a merchant account such as Barclays or maybe most common now is Paypal. If you decide to take payments through Paypal on your website then you will need to generate a PayPal Identity Token.
These are the normal steps for WordPress websites although in some other content management systems (CMS) it can be slightly different such as Shopify.
Q. How do I generate a PayPal Identity Token
A. Well obviously the first step is that you need to have a PayPal Business account, once you have created that you can then follow the steps below:
1. Click the My Account tab.
2. Click Profile at the top of the page.
3. On the right under Selling Preferences click on Website Payment Preferences.
4. Under Auto Return for Website Payments click “on”
5. After Return URL put http://www.alphamall.com
6. Under Payment Data Transfer (Optional) click “on”
7. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
8. Copy the Identity Token (everything after the word “Token:” in the new window), and paste it into your Alpha Mall PayPal Information on your website.
As we said there are a few options for taking payments through your website and most will use 2 of the options we gave at the start. If you are in need of a bit of advice about which payment methods are best for your website then don’t hesitate to get in touch for some free advice – 07702029817.
Also if you do need help setting up your eCommerce website design or just adding the payment methods to your website we can also help you out.