Today we take a quick look into some of the different types of websites that are available and a brief description on what they are/do.
- Affiliate sites – arrangements in which an online merchant Web site pays affiliate Web sites a commission to send them traffic. These affiliate Web sites post links to the merchant site and are paid according to a particular agreement.
- Archive sites – In web archiving, an archive site is a website that stores information on webpages from the past for anyone to view.
- Auction sites – a commercial website on which items are sold by internet auction
- Blogs – A blog is a discussion or informational website published on the Web consisting of discrete, often informal diary-style text entries
- Business or brochure sites – A Brochure site gives your company or product a Web presence and acts as an online version of a business card. Brochure sites convey a sense of permanence and credibility to your customers, and also provides them with valuable information, such as contact details, opening times and a way to contact you.
- Community websites – A web community is a website (or group of web sites) where specific content or links are only available to its members. A web community may take the form of a social network service, an Internet forum, a group of blogs, or another kind of social software web application.
- Contest websites – A website where you can enter to win a prize or reward.
- Corporate websites – The corporate website is a broad category of websites. However, they all have a similar goal: to promote a brand rather than to focus on products and sub-brands it offers.
- Data collection websites – Simply a website used to collect data to a relevant source.
- Dating websites – A website (and quite often also an app) used to match people together to date.
- Directory or search sites – Like Google or Yell, a website to help you to find others.
- Ecommerce websites – A website to sell your products online such as ASOS or JD Sports.
- Entertainment sites – This can cover many different types of websites such as gaming, films, social media, etc.
- Game websites – A website in which you can play one or a number of games.
- Government sites – Websites created by or for the governments use such as for submitting tax returns.
- Java applet sites – An applet is a small Internet-based program written in Java, a programming language for the Web, which can be downloaded by any computer. The applet is also able to run in HTML.
- Hosting sites – A web host, or web hosting service provider, is a business that provides the technologies and services needed for the website or webpage to be viewed in the Internet.
- Magazines or e-zine sites – An online magazine is a magazine published on the Internet, through bulletin board systems
- News sites – A website that provides a news source such as Sky or the BBC.
- Personal sites – Personal web pages are World Wide Web pages created by an individual to contain content of a personal nature rather than content pertaining to a company, organisation or institution.
- Political sites – A website that discusses or advertises political parties/agendas.
- Polling or survey sites – An online survey is a questionnaire that the target audience can complete over the Internet. Online surveys are usually created as Web forms with a database to store the answers and statistical software to provide analytics.
- Portal sites – A web portal is a specially designed website that brings information from diverse sources, like emails, online forums and search engines, together in a uniform way.
- Rating sites – A rating site is a website designed for users to vote on or rate people, content, or other things.
- Review sites – A review site is a website on which reviews can be posted about people, businesses, products, or services.
- Website products and support websites – Websites that provide support for products such as how-to guides.
Let us know if you have anymore questions about any of the above points or if you have a business idea which involves creating one of the above. We would, as always, be happy to help out or advise you further,
Why Choose Breeze Development?
We do Digital. We’re your web design company, web development agency and digital marketing team all rolled into one very special integrated digital service We help you to grow your brand, business and profile online. We do this by creating a tailor made website, designed to represent your high level of service and developed to maximise results.