We have stressed before the importance of good content for your blog and your SEO on your website, because of this some business owners who don’t have the time or skill to consistently push out great content for your website, they instead hire a?Content Marketing Manager.
When hiring for this role it is important to make sure you are hiring the right guy or girl for the job, to try to help you with this we have put together a selection of questions together which will hopefully you to get the right content writer.
1) What do you think is the most important skill for a content marketer?
2) What would be the 1st piece of content you would create?
3) In your opinion what is the most important: paid, owned or earned media?
4) How do you define your personal brand and how do you cultivate it?
5) What’s more important execution or strategy? (Force them to pick one)
6) Best examples of content marketing? Who do you think is doing it well?
7) Where do you get your inspiration from?
8) How do you measure the impact of your content and writing?
9) What do you predict will be the biggest trend over the next 9-12 months?
These questions are used to let the interviewee know that you understand what you are talking about, make sure they are their toes and thinking about what they said and most importantly making sure they know what they are talking about.
You should from this meeting be able to tell if they are passionate both about writing and if they are interested in working with your business and seeing you grow. Which is vital as you want someone motivated to get the best results out of your content and therefore also Website and SEO.