Instagram has been around for over 10 years and over 1 billion people use Instagram.
This is crazy but it’s never too late to grow because Instagram is constantly evolving! It’s a great place for creators and businesses to get success on Instagram.
So here are 8 tips on how to grow your Instagram.
- Whether you run a business or a personal brand, you should switch to an Instagram business account.
- This will give you a load more control of your Instagram account, and a ton of Instagram analytics to use to adjust your tactics.
- You can use SEO to optimise your Instagram account.
- Write a compelling Instagram bio!
- Contact info – this is important for Geotagging (location based).
- An offer or a good reason to stay in touch/follow
- A way to reach you outside of Instagram (your website/email)
2. Use Reels
- Due to the rise of TikTok with short form content, Instagram want to fightback and grow their platform further.
- To do this they have decided to use Reels (short videos). So currently using Reels can help with your growth by pushing your Reels to more exposure.
- Reels = More Exposure
- Creating short videos with music, graphics, text, and filters is a big reason why TikTok has become popular so use that same tactic on your Instagram Reels.
3. Instagram Stories
- Instagram stories has become a huge part of the way that the Instagram platform has grown.
- Instagram stories are short and they are easy to watch.
- You can use them to lead viewers them to your new posts or outside of the Instagram (your website)
- Instagram Stories have a chance to create interest and engagement quickly. Because they disappear within 24 hours, they have an urgency about them that drives engagement. People can’t help but take a look.
- Also look into using them to increase engagement with interactive posts such as polls.
- Be careful with your hashtags on Instagram because of Spam-bots. If you put too many hashtags you will look spammy and you will also attract a load of bots coming to your account page.
- Only use relevant hashtags
- If you want more brand engagement then engage with others!
- This might seem very obvious, but it’s amazing how little most companies will do it. People like it when you reply to their comments!
- Also comment on other people’s posts in a similar industry and offer value.
6. Be Consistent!
- Being consistent is arguably the most important point.
- Post a minimum of 4-6 times per week.
- Remember it will take time for your Instagram account to grow.
- Reach out to micro-influencers. They are more likely to answer your DMs.
- Use influencers who are specific to your niche as you are.
8. Post User Generates Content
- If you run out of post ideas then get your audience to help!
- Feature your follower’s posts and tag them. Get them included in your brands.
- Encourage your followers to create photos, and videos, with your products or testimonials.
- create your brand hashtag so your followers can use the hashtag!