We have been asked for some quick tips for business owners to follow for their marketing to make sure it is effective and then some principles to follow when creating that content.
- How should we decide what to post?
- What type of content is effective?
- Who should we be targeting on social media and how do we position our business in the market.
This article has been updated in 2020 from when it was first written four years ago, but although so much has changed, the key principles always remain the same.
We only have a few brief points but hopefully they help you out with your own content and curation & marketing strategies.
- Target Market
So let?s take a look into each of these a bit more in detail?.
- Goals ? What do you want to accomplish? Before you start creating (or paying) for any marketing efforts you need to have a clear idea in your mind and on paper of what you are trying to achieve with this marketing.
- What would class as a successful campaign for you?
- How long do you have to achieve this goal?
- Purpose ? When you have selected your goal from the above point it is then important to ask ? Why do you want to accomplish these things? How will it affect you, your business, your life?
- The reason this is important is that achieving goals shouldn?t be easy, there is a challenge behind it.
- It is your purpose or your reason why that will allow you to commit to the work that is involved.
- Strategy ? Okay, so you have your goal and your reason why, so?.
- What makes you and your services unique, different, appealing and preferred?
- What is your message?
- How are you getting to get this across?
This is where speaking to a professional marketing team will really help to guide you to succeed with your social media,
However the best place to start is with your audience / target market.
4. Target Market ? Who do you want to serve? Where do they live? How old are they? How much do they earn? What are their interests? What are the demographics and psychographics?
These are the questions that you need to ask yourself to know who you are writing for so that the message is tailored for the right type of person.
You likely wouldn?t speak to your mates at the pub the same as you would speak to your biggest client,
Having said that don?t always go too formal and professional, social media is meant to be social.
5. Communication ? How can you communicate who you are and what you do so others want and prefer your services? Will this be done through social media? A website? Paid Adverts? Offline Marketing? Or a mix of a few of these options.
Again this really comes down to knowing your target audience because at this point you will know you message, where the customer will be and how to speak to them.
Paid ads are fantastic and we are (obviously) a big believer in their benefits, however it is still best to have a strong organic reach and branding to support this for customers who do more research before their purchase.
Posting relevant content that adds value to your audience either with knowledge, excitement or fun is always the number 1 rule, how are you impacting their life for them to want to follow you and then continue to follow you.
Listen to feedback, test regularly and be consistent.
Make sure you go through the above questions again with a notepad to answer about your own customers.
In terms of the type of content that you should be using that has possibly changed over the past 4/5 years, with video making a bigger rise on the market. Of course you can still have very effective images, text only posts and others.
However video has really stepped forward with new apps like Tiktok and Instagram stories.
If you have anymore questions on how you can get more from your marketing, please don?t hesitate to get in touch.
Why Choose Breeze Development?
We do Digital. We?re your web design company, web development agency and digital marketing team all rolled into one very special integrated digital service. We help you to grow your brand, business and profile online. We do this by creating a tailor made website, designed to represent your high level of service and developed to maximise results.