26 Jul 19 Crazy Website & Marketing Stats Every Business Owner Should Consider
In an ever changing market / industry here are some facts that may surprise a few people, whilst also showing the huge need to get your business online through social media and a website. Online you have the opportunity to enhance your brand, expand your reach and increase profits and here are some reasons to back that up:
1) 60% of local business websites donâ€™t have their phone number on them.
2) Mobile-friendly websitesÂ have seen a 10.8% increase in traffic since Googleâ€™s Mobile Friendly algorithm update.
3) 15% of SMBs will build mobile optimised websites in 2013
4) 84% of people who follow or interact with businesses on Twitter mention a small business toÂ share a positive experience.
(Source:Â Twitter Research)
5) Seven out of ten consumers are more likely to use a local business if it has information available on a social media site.
(comScore Networks/TMP Directional Marketing)
6) 52 percent of small-business owners donâ€™t have a website
You can get ahead of most of the competition just by taking this simple step.
7) 85% of customers expect businesses to be active in social media.
8) Companies with active blogs receive 97% more leads.
9) 50.3% of eCommerce website traffic comesÂ through a mobile device.
10) The UK has the highest percentage of people who purchased online in the whole world 69%
11) In the UK there are 57.3 million active internet users.
12) In the UK there are 38 million social media accounts
13) 50% of millennials use their smartphones to research products or services while shopping, and 41% have made purchases using their phones
(Leaderwest Digital Marketing Journal).
14) B2B companies that blog generate 67% more leads than those without blogs.
15) Nearly half of consumers say they wonâ€™t return to a website if it doesnâ€™t load properly on their mobile devices.
(The Social Media Hat).
16) Nearly half (46%) of people say a websiteâ€™s design is their number one criterion for determining the credibility of a company.
17) 71% of companies planned to increase their digital marketing budgets this year, by an average of 27%.
18) Companies that publish new blog posts 15+ times per month (3-4 posts per week) generate five times more traffic than companies that donâ€™t blog at all.